Every Tuesday 9.00-11.00 am
Parent and Toddler Group is an interactive and engaging class for young children and their parents or caregivers. The children are introduced to school life and all that it offers through engagement with malleable activities, blocks, puzzles, art materials, music, movement and stories.
While parallel play is the norm at this age, children enjoy being together, and begin to learn how to be part of a group with the guidance of experienced and warm Nursery School teachers who truly enjoy this exploratory age!
- Children get to interact with other children, while their parents/carers are close by: helping to build the child’s confidence and social skills
- Is a great stepping stone in preparing children for the nursery
- Provides children with opportunities which may not be available at home such as messy play, creative play, songs and stories. It’s fun to try them!
What do we offer?
- Opportunities for children to run around, use motor skills and try out a variety of ride on toys
- Art and Craft activities – painting, collage, chalk, colouring, and sticking
- Opportunity for messy play – playdough, sand, exploring soil, seeds or water
- Role play, dressing up or playing in the home corner
- Stories and singing as a group, or even short music sessions
- Table top activities – puzzles, simple games, books to share
- A carpet area for the babies with activity frames, cushions and baby toys
Parent and Toddler group- the basis for lifelong friendships, which is especially helpful to parents who do not have family support close by.
Play, learn and grow together!